Assistant robot for surgical instrumentalist’s functions in the environment of an operating room.
What we offer:
A research group from the Electronics Department of a Spanish university has developed a robot that recognizing words from different people, identify the speaker announcer and executes the necessary movements to gather and to deliver the set of instruments used in a surgical operation. The robot acts as a surgical instrumentalist.
The functioning of the assistant robot for the accomplishment of functions of surgical instrumentalist in the environment of an operating room, is obtained by means of the coordinated performance of the following elements:
- Arm industrial robot finished in a robotic hand, commanded from the Process Unit, with the purpose to gather and deliver in certain coordinates (x, y, z) the set of instruments used in a surgical operation.
- Captator Element of audio signs formed by several microphones with the suitable circuits for the amplification and digitalization of the signals. By means of technologies of speech treatment, it recognizes both the locutor and the pronounced commands.
- Video Signal Digitalization, formed by several cameras connected to a card of digitalization of images. The suitable algorithms of images processing allow detecting the coordinates of the instrument that the arm robot must gather in every instant.
- System of lighting, controlled by the Process Unit.
- Audio exit, which reproduces the signals generated in a synthesized of voice controlled from the Process Unit.
- Process Unit for the control of the system. It realizes processing of images, recognition of voice, calculation of paths and control of the arm robot.
What we are looking for:
The group is looking for partners for license agreements or commercial agreements with technical assistance. The technical assistance would be provided by the group to the company and it could consist in adapting the electronic development to the company’s requirement.
The patent has been granted with reference P200202553
There are no similar solutions in the market.